- AIEDAM Online Manuscript Management System Launched (9/6): The AIEDAM Journal has launched its online manuscript submission and peer review management system. The website URL is: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/aie. Both regular papers and special issue papers should be submitted through this online system. Using the online system, authors can monitor the status of their papers and the review process can be managed in a more timely fashion. It is expected that the online management system will significantly improve the efficiency of our process from paper submission to acceptance decision and final production.
- Deadline for Special Issue Submission (9/1). The special issue Computational Creativity's full paper submission is due on September 15th. Please contact the guest editors directly if you need more information about this special issue.
- AIEDAM will adopt ScholarOne for submission and peer review management (7/20). In order to improve our manuscript submission and peer review process, we will move to ScholarOne. ScholarOne has been providing scholarly publishers, societies, and associations with online, flexible workflow solutions since the mid-1990s. We are now in the process of setting up the AIEDAM ManuscriptCentral website. The goal is to make it online in September. Keep tuned...
- AIEDAM Associate Editor Prof. Amaresh Chakrabarti received the highest honour of Institute of Engineering Designers (4/2). Prof. Chakrabarti has been elected to a Honorary Fellowship of the Institute of Engineering Designers, the only professional body for engineering designers in the UK under the Royal Charter, for "outstanding contribution to design education in the UK and India." He is the first person based outside Europe or North America to receive this honour. The Fellowship was formally presented to Prof. Chakrabarti from the HRH Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh, at the St James Palace, London, UK. See pictures here.
- Access AIEDAM Issues from This Website (1/13): The first view papers, latest issue papers, and back issue papers published in the previous two years are now accessible from this website. Check out the lists of papers by clicking on the menu items on the left sidebar.
- Special Issue Date Changes (1/12): There have been some date changes for Special issue Functional Descriptions in Engineering. The deadline for submitting first full draft papers is now on March 1, 2012. Check it out.
- AIEDAM Founding Editor Prof. Clive Dym and his colleagues win 2012 Bernard M. Gordon Prize for Innovation in Engineering and Technology Education (1/6). The 2012 Bernard M. Gordon Prize is awarded to Clive L. Dym, M. Mack Gilkeson, and J. Richard Phillips “for creating and disseminating innovations in undergraduate engineering design education to develop engineering leaders.” The Harvey Mudd College Engineering program combines hands-on, experience-based learning, exemplified by its innovative Engineering Clinic, with formal design instruction in an approach aimed at creating engineering leaders. The Engineering program, which also strongly emphasizes writing and presentations, continues to be innovative and has had a profound influence on other institutions and their curriculum.The College’s curriculum also includes the opportunity to teach K-12 students and a leadership strategy course in which students meet highly successful business people. Congratulations, Clive!!! (See also http://www.hmc.edu/gordon-prize/, The Contra Costa (CA) Times)
- Special Issue Deadline (1/1): Special issue Functional Descriptions in Engineering has a deadline for submitting full draft paper on January 1, 2012. Please contact the Guest Editors if you have any questions.
- Launch of New AIEDAM Website (10/3): As the 25th anniversary of AIEDAM is getting closer, a new Editor's Website has been launched. Built on the previous website maintained at WPI, the new website, now hosted at USC, has several additional functions including member registration and paper submission, with more being planned. To fully utilize the website, users may choose to sign up as an AIEDAM community member, although most functions do not require registration. Discussion forums and blogs will be added. Please post your comments and suggestions to the Editor from the website.
- Special Issue Deadline (10/1): Special issue Functional Descriptions in Engineering has a deadline for authors to express interest on October 1, 2011. Please contact the Guest Editors to express your interest of contributing.
- New Editor in Chief for 2012-2017 (9/25): It has become official that Yan Jin of University of Southern California has been appointed by the Cambridge University Press to become the fourth Editor in Chief for AIEDAM Journal, succeeding David Brown of WPI. Dave will complete his second term of EIC at the end of 2011 and will serve as an Editorial Board member after that. Amaresh Chakrabarti (Indian Institute of Science), Ashok Goel (Georgia Tech), Mary Lou Maher (Univ. of Maryland), and Kristina Shea (Univ. of Munich) will become Associated Editors.
- Deadline of 2 Special Issues (9/1): Two special issues have their submission deadlines in September: